When the Fall/Winter season comes I cannot help but think about one thing. New gear. New gear that I can use to stay warm and keep adventuring through the seasons. I was sent over the Pursuit Supreme Premium Hunting Boots for review. The Pursuit is Muck's mid insulated fully waterproof hunting boot. I recently went up to the family hunting cabin in Northern Wisconsin for the whitetail hunting season to test them out.
- 100% Waterproof
- Fully insulate with 5mm NEOPRENE. This provides the optimal warmth, comfort, and waterproofing that you expect from a Muck Boot.
- A fleece liner is added to keep your feet warm in down to -40 degrees
- We've added Spandura® to the neoprene for added protection against wear and abrasion.
- We've added a textured grip for ease of entry
- Our new OPTIMAL FLEX technology allows the boot to bend and flex with your foot to provide better comfort and stability.
- We've added an etc ® sock liner to help reduce friction and heat build up in your foot
- EVA midsole cushions with every step
- Our new lightweight outsole design provides optimal stability and support
I can't think of a much better test than hunting in Northern Wisconsin to put these boots through their paces. I wore them for two days straight in the stands to see how the Insulation did its job. The first day was the coldest dropping to a brisk 9 degrees in the morning. Underneath the Pursuits, I had a thick pair of wool socks to help with the cold. Muck's website claims the Pursuit is rated up to -40 degrees, however, I can't say I agree with that only because sitting in the blind that first morning my toes did get a somewhat chilly. Truthfully for that kind of hunting, I would probably need to go a step up and get the Artic Pro Hunting Boot which is even more insulated and have a fleece liner to ensure my feet stay warm. The Pursuits to me feel like more of a cold weather waterfowl hunting boot and I will continue to test them in that aspect in the coming months.
The boots fit extremely well and slipped on and off with ease. I loved the almost knee-high construction when hiking into the stand on the second day which required crossing through a frozen swamp. The boots stayed completely dry and warm when walking through. The outsole did a great job keeping me upright and gripping to the frozen tree stand.
The liner of the Pursuit is a 5MM Neoprene which was extremely comfortable and soft. The midsole of the boot is an EVA midsole and gave great padding while staying stiff enough to hike in all day. I am sure when using these boots for pheasanthunting later on this month the midsole and outsole will be a much-appreciated feature, but for the half mile hike into the tree stand the boots did great.
On the front and heel of the Pursuit, Muck put a much-needed which helps the one piece boot frame bend in the areas you need it most. The front and rear slots allow you to crouch or bend down without the frame of the boot staying stiff or digging into your shin. Without this feature the boot would without a doubt stay completely stiff and be a burden to crouch.
- 100% Waterproof
- Great Mobility
- EVA Liner For Max Comfortability
- Outsole Is Durable And Provides Good Traction
- Great "Mossy Oak" Camo Pattern
- Super Quick on and Off
- Not Insulated Down To -40 degrees As Stated
Overall, the Pursuit Supreme Hunting Boots from Muck Boots are truly a premium hunting boot that is capable of an array of activities. From everyday winter wear - to hunting in Northern Wisconsin the Pursuits will keep your feet bone dry and as long as you are not in near 0-degree weather, warm as well. The boots come in at $220 which is not cheap but justifiable by the well-thought out features of the Pursuit.